University Orientation is designed to welcome new staff to the University and provide valuable information about working at Carolina. During this session, you will learn:
You will also learn about many advantages of working at Carolina, such as access to the Strom Thurmond Wellness Center and the Solomon Blatt Physical Education Center, participation in wellness and recreational opportunities, tuition assistance, use of University Libraries, the services provided by the Employee Assistance Program, cultural opportunities and much more.
- how your performance will be evaluated using the Employee Performance Management System (EPMS)
- how to receive support from University Technology Services
- about working at Carolina and a few of the policies and practices that may affect you
- how to identify training opportunities available through the Professional Development Office
Join us for a learning experience that will enhance your professionalism and your enjoyment while working at USC!
Who Should Attend
All new USC Columbia staff.
Dates and Time
University Orientation is offered monthly for new staff at USC. Departments are encouraged to register their new staff members to attend this presentation.
- August 6, 2013 from 9 a.m.-Noon
- August 19 from 1:30-4:30 p.m.
- September 3 from 9 a.m.-Noon
- September 19 from 9 a.m.-Noon
- October 3 from 9 a.m.-Noon
- October 14 from 1:30-4:30 p.m.
- November 5 from 9 a.m.-Noon
- November 18 from 1:30-4:30 p.m.
- December 3 from 9 a.m.-Noon
For morning sessions, participants should arrive at 8:45 a.m. Instruction will begin at 9 a.m.
For afternoon sessions, participants should arrive at 1:15 p.m. Instruction will begin at 1:30 p.m.
For more information, contact Professional Development at 803-777-6578.
Location and Parking
1600 Hampton Street, Suite 101.
Campus parking is available with any faculty/staff decal in the lower lot behind the 1600 Hampton Street Annex. The entrance to the parking lot is between the 1600 Hampton Street tower and the WACH-57 building on Pickens Street.
Reservations are limited and accepted on a first-come basis.
Register online or fax the PDF registration form to 803-777-8210. You also may mail the form to the Professional Development Office at 1600 Hampton Street, Suite 101.
Supervisory approval must be obtained before participating in training. For more information, please call the
Professional Development Office at 803-777-6578.